Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Dresser Re-Do

So, we got our guest room back! *happy dance* Lovely fellow we had staying with us, but I was planning what I'd do with the room when we got it back.  As I've said, it needs to be functional as a guest room, but without being a bedroom all the time.  Since we won't use it as a bedroom.  So, we decided to make it a guest/craft/xbox 360/etc.... room! Sounds like a lot, but, I've come up with a way to get it all in there, without looking too cluttered and still have it be useable! (yeah, I know, I'm a genius, right?)

So...first things first.  We have this old, boring, brown, water-marked dresser.  It's like, really, really old.  But, it's a smaller dresser, that's perfect for a not-all-the-time guest room, with perfect storage for my sewing supplies and various other second bedroom fare.  Plus, it serves as the TV stand for the xbox 360.  (My husband gets mad when I play xbox and hog the living room, since it's all motion activated)

I started the dresser re-do part of the guest room re-do today, and I thought I'd post a few before pictures to show you what I'm working with here. 



Just loverly, right?? Ugh! And it doesn't just need cosmetic work, it needs a full on re-do! I'll be re-attaching the drawers, as the bottoms give way a bit, and I'll be getting rid of that nice little country-esk ridge on the top drawers as well.  The 2nd room is going to have a much more modern, chic yet retro vibe to it when it's all said and done.  I'm hoping to have this project done by Sunday, (have to work it around my homework schedule...ugh) so I should be posting more pics by then.

P.S.-No, my shadow is not posing in that middle picture, I am just taking a picture....maybe I vogue naturally??

No comments:

Post a Comment